STCW 2010 Update Training (2 Modules)
Book Your Place Now
£420 +VAT(payment options available)
STCW 2010 Update Training: Personal Survival Techniques & Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
Courses held at our dedicated training facility in North Shields.
This course is a legal requirement to have if you are to be employed or engaged, in any capacity, on board a ship and signed on as part of the ships crew/business and have designated security or safety duties.
Covering all aspects of general safety on board and providing you with the safety knowledge and skills to confidently embark and operate on merchant vessels the course includes 2 modules:
Personal Survival Techniques:
- Correctly don and use an immersion suit
- Correctly don a lifejacket
- Safely jump from at height into water
- Swim whilst wearing a life jacket
- Rite an inverted life raft whilst wearing a life jacket
- Board a survival craft from the water whilst wearing a life jacket
- Stay afloat without a life jacket
Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting:
- Appreciation of the hazards
- Fire prevention precautions
- Fire Detection
- Initial first aid actions
- The duties of members
- Appliances and equipment
- Six months or more at sea service prior to 1st August 1998 and where exempt from basic safety courses
A Certificate of Proficiency in personal survival techniques and who have maintained required standard of competence by on-board training and experience for all competences listed in the self-declaration form.
- Seafarers who have a Certificate in Competency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their ability to take part by completing our self-screening declaration before taking part.
This combined training (two modules) will be delivered over one and a half days. Candidates can attend seperate modules if preferred.
Call us for more information on our dedicated course line between 0900-2000, 7 days a week: +44 (0)191 406 5383