STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training (5 Modules)
Book Your Place Now
£ +VAT(payment options available)
STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training
Courses held at our dedicated training facility in North Shields.
This course is a legal requirement to have if you are to be employed or engaged, in any capacity, on board a ship and signed on as part of the ships crew/business and have designated security or safety duties.
Covering all aspects of general safety on board and providing you with the safety knowledge and skills to confidently embark and operate on merchant vessels the course includes 5 modules:
- Personal Survival Techniques, STCW 2010 VI/1 Section A-VI/1 2.1.1. This explains when and how to react during a man overboard scenario or abandon ship. Covering the equipment available including the use of floating devices and survival techniques/knowledge and what to expect and how to increase the chances of surviving at sea.
- Fire Prevention and Fire fighting, STCW 2010 VI/1 Section A-VI/1, 2.1.2. Fire on board a ship is considered the most feared of all hazards at sea and this module looks at how to prevent, identify, reduce or extinguish fires in a maritime environment. Covering the use of breathing apparatus, fixed and portable fire fighting appliances including the principle of fire containment is the focus.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility, STCW 2010, VI/1 Section A-VI/1, 1-4. Provides training on vessel safety procedures, accident prevention and an overview of the working environment on merchant ships. Understanding ones actions at sea is a fundamental part of this module also with focus on pollution prevention, environmental responsibilities and crew emergency procedures.
- Elementary First Aid, STCW 2010, VI/1 Section A-VI1, 1-3. Provides the necessary basic skills and knowledge to deal with medical emergencies on board ship including initial actions, casualty assessment, improvisation, shock management and resuscitation application and principles.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) STCW A-VI/6-1
This combined training (five modules) will be delivered over six days. Candidates can attend seperate modules if preferred.
Call us for more information on our dedicated course line between 0900-2000, 7 days a week: +44 (0)191 406 5383