Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
Book Your Place Now
£95 +VAT(payment options available)
Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) STCW A-VI/1-4 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR)
Courses held at our dedicated training facility at:
Swans, Station Road, Wallsend, Newcastle NE28 6EQ.
In-house training options also available, please call us for more information.
This is a classroom-based course, which offers basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention and aims to familiarise novices with the employment conditions and working environment on board. Upon completion of the course, students should have gained sufficient knowledge to be able to:
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observe safe working practices
- Contribute to effective communications on board ship
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board ship
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue
The PSSR is a half day guided learning programme
Students will be assessed through observation and an end of course exam
Who should attend
Seafarers intending to be employed or engaged in any capacity on board a ship.
Pre Couse Requirements
There is no pre course requirements for this MCA Course.
Call us for more information on our dedicated course line between 0900-2000, 7 days a week: +44 (0)191 406 5383