Award in Education and Training
Book Your Place Now
£410 +VAT(payment options available)
HABC Level 3 Award in Education and Training QCF
Courses held at our dedicated training facility at:
Swans, Station Road, Wallsend, Newcastle NE28 6EQ.
In-house training options also available, please call us for more information.
About this course
The HABC Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching, unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
- Individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Subjects covered include:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals (Learning and Development unit)
- Facilitate learning and development in groups (Learning and Development unit)
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- The principles and practices of assessment (Learning and Development unit)
This qualification has a minimum of 48-guided learning hours and a maximum of 61 guided learning hours depending on which optional units are chosen. This qualification is usually achieved by taking a 5 -day course.
Through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. Learners will be expected to apply and show evidence of both theoretical and practical knowledge in their portfolio.
Call us for more information on our dedicated course line between 0900-2000, 7 days a week: +44 (0)191 406 5383