Terms & Conditions
Training Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions of Business (Conditions) within this Contract, are set out between Graspan Frankton Ltd. (hereinafter called the Company) and the person, company or business named (hereinafter called the Client).
Graspan Frankton Ltd is registered in England & Wales under No: 07817088.
Our registered office is:
Graspan Frankton Ltd, Unit 15, Vallum Farm, East Wallhouses,
Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE18 0LL
Tel: +44 191 466 1176
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definition shall have the following meanings:
”Client” means the client specified in the Course Booking Form.
”Company” means Graspan Frankton Ltd.
“Contract” means the contract between the Company and the Client for the supply of Services in accordance with these Conditions.
“Marketing Content” means the latest edition of the brochure, company website and course flyers published by the Company, detailing the courses offered by the Company.
“Order” means the Client’s Order for Services as set out in the Company’s standard Course Booking Form.
”Services” means the courses as detailed in the Marketing Content.
Booking the right course for the right learner is important. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions and adhere to Graspan Frankton Ltd policies when booking the course for yourself or sending learners on our courses.
All orders must be on the Company’s standard Course Booking Form. Each receipt of a course booking form will be deemed to be an offer by the Client to purchase Services in accordance with the Marketing Content and upon these Conditions and conditions. The Contract is formed when the Order is accepted by the Company by way of a written acknowledgement of Order.
- As soon as reasonably practicable you shall provide us with the name of the Learner(s) any special requirements they may have particularly with regard to mobility and access.
- If booking a qualification course, we will also require learner’ information such as the date of birth, the email to be used to access the online exam for learner registration purposes.
- Payment terms are 14 days from invoice, but payment for Highfield, SFJ, Qualsafe and Department of Transport qualification courses must be received at the time of booking through bank transfer or other agreed payment method.
- Materials and login details (if relevant) will not be issued until payment is received. Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to withdraw the learner’s space or refuse admittance to the course until payment is received.
- All payments must be made in UK sterling (GBP) and reference our invoice number where provided and your name or your company name (if the course is funded by your company).
- No payment shall be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds.
- Graspan Frankton Ltd shall invoice the client as specified in the agreement/order. Each invoice shall include such supporting information required by the client to verify the accuracy of the invoice, including the relevant Purchase Order Number (if provided) and a breakdown of the Services supplied in the invoice period.
- Acceptance of your offer will take place on sending you written confirmation of your Booking. Our acceptance of your Booking brings into existence a legally binding agreement between us.
- Joining instructions will be forwarded to you prior to the course start date. If you do not receive the joining instructions within 7 days prior to the course start date you must notify us immediately.
- Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right at any time to cancel or alter the dates or provision of service, the venue and the individual or organisation providing the service. In these circumstances, Graspan Frankton Ltd will offer at its discretion alternative options such as a refund and course defer. Bookings will normally be transferred to the next available date unless the client specifically requests otherwise. We shall endeavour to inform you as soon as possible of any Course or Programme cancellation or variation.
- If a refund is approved by Graspan Frankton Ltd, it will be made through the client’s original mode of payment only.
- If a booking is cancelled or deferred by the client, you must let us know in writing by email.
- If you cancel your booking, Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to apply the below charge, these charges also apply to in-house training courses deferred by the client.
Notice given % of Charges
More than 28 days No Charge
15 – 28 days 50% Charge
0 – 14 days 100% Charge
Non-attendance without notice 100% Charge
- Where In-company contracts are cancelled or postponed all costs associated with the contract and incurred by Graspan Frankton Ltd will be charged to the client. In addition, Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to charge a £40 administration fee for each cancellation/deferral for any course date, type or location to change.
- Notice of cancellation will be taken as the date of receipt of written confirmation.
- For cancellations/deferrals within 7 days preceding the course commencement date, we reserve the right to pass on any such delegate fees that they incurred for each day of the course deferral.
- Provisional bookings are not permitted. Bookings are confirmed once submitted and are subject to the cancellation terms above.
- The fees quoted are correct at the time of publication, but Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to alter fees at any time.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within our literature and materials, including any Course description; however, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- A standard Course or Programme price is as listed in our published price list. We reserve the right to change prices listed without notice. The fees (“Fees”) for the Services are also set out in the quotation.
- The price of a bespoke Course is as confirmed by us in writing.
- Course or Programme prices do not include meals (unless we notify you otherwise), travel, accommodation, parking costs or any other cost incurred as a result of or in connection with a Course.
Classroom Courses/Virtual class
- Whilst we will try to maintain the ideal number of delegates to tutors, this is not always possible. The final decision on the number of delegates per course is made by Graspan Frankton Ltd.
- Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to deliver a course by using one or multiple trainers. Whilst the same trainer will always be used where possible, this is not always practical.
- Course materials are kept under continuous review via rigorous quality procedures. Graspan Frankton Ltd cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors in the course materials.
- Graspan Frankton Ltd cannot be held responsible for unforeseen circumstances that affect the running/delivery of a course. We will endeavour to work with our clients to resolve any such matter to the best of our ability.
- Whilst Graspan Frankton Ltd does its best to keep venues as listed on the website, Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to change the venue at any time. Delegates will be notified of any changes to the course venue.
For any courses that are to be provided on the client’s premises, it is the responsibility of the client to provide the following:
- Access to the premise
- A suitable training room, large enough for all attendees including space to carryout assessment and examinations in accordance with the Awarding Organisations (AO) specifications
- Lunch and refreshments (if applicable)
- A projector, flipchart and pens
- Toilet and washing facilities
Such facilities are reasonably notified to the Customer in advance.
- Invoices will be issued immediately on receipt of booking forms.
- Once payment is received an LMS learner account will be set up and login details sent out via e-mail.
- No refunds or cancellations can be offered once login and course access details have been provided.
- Online courses must be started within 12 months of the purchase date to remain valid.
- Access to e-learning services is for a period of 12 months with no option to renew.
- Courses purchased cannot be transferred or substituted for other courses.
- Exam fees are only applicable for a single sitting – any subsequent exams will be charged at an additional re-sit fee.
- For our courses, materials are provided that are up to date at the time of booking. If materials are updated, we will notify students of updates via email and/or social media platforms. If we adopt the textbooks provided by a third-party supplier, any revisions to the syllabus will require updated textbooks to be purchased.
- All fees are payable in advance. Course materials will not be sent until payment is received. The fees quoted are correct at the time of publication. Graspan Frankton Ltd reserves the right to alter fees at any time. Cancellations following a confirmed booking will be charged a £40 administration fee. Once materials are sent, refunds cannot be offered. Shipment of materials to non-UK addresses may incur an additional fee.
- Support from the study support team is unlimited, however, the onus is on the delegate to contact tutors when in need of assistance. This can be done via telephone, email, social media, online Graspan Frankton learner community etc.
- Tutor-marked assignments are provided as part of the course materials. It is vitally important that these are completed and submitted for feedback at least two weeks before delegates sit exams.
If you have any questions or concerns, then we are here to help. The best way to get in touch with us is by email or phone.
Call us on: +44 191 466 1176
Our office hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (UK time).
Our Complaints Process
You can send your complaint by post to the address provided.
Graspan Frankton Ltd remains the owner of the intellectual property of all content contained within the Website and elsewhere unless otherwise stated. No content (whether online or not, in whole or in part) may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any way without prior written consent from Graspan Frankton Ltd.
All personal data provided by the learner will be used in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. Data may be shared with relevant awarding bodies if appropriate and used for the purposes of taking payment, registering learners to the exam, administering and delivering the Services.
Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, Internet Service Provider failure, industrial action, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall fall within that jurisdiction, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the update on the company website
- Each learner is provided with a Learner Agreement which sets out expectations of both parties and is co-signed with the learner and us.