Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid for Children and Babies
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric first aid for children and babies has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation.
Duration: 2 Days
- 06-07 April 2020
- 08-09 June 2020
- 17-18 August 2020
- 19-20 October 2020
Contact Us: +44 (0) 191 466 1176
Note: On completion this course is valid for 3 years.
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming paediatric first aiders. The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Ofsted requirements for training paediatric first aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first aid needs assessment.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for children and babies, providing first aid to an infant casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE and Ofsted, the qualification supports/approves workplace paediatric first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
The course covers the following Units:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive child or baby
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries and other child and baby medical emergencies