Level 3 Award in First Person on Scene Refresher
The Level 3 Award in First Person on Scene is designed to develop learners’ knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with a range of emergencies requiring medical assistance.
Duration: 2-3 Days
- 06-08 April 2020
- 08-10 June 2020
- 17-19 August 2020
- 19-21 October 2020
Contact Us: +44 (0) 191 466 1176
Note: On completion this course is valid for 3 years.
This qualification is aimed at for those working in frontline services (e.g. close protection, security, event and private medical services and private security details operating in remote areas) in addition to those looking to further enhance their knowledge and skills within first aid. Through taking this qualification, learners will develop the subject matter competence to assess, stabilise and care for a patient for up to 30 minutes, and/ or until a time at which the patient can be treated by a pre-hospital care provider, to prevent deterioration and preserve life:
- This course meets all the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) for Close Protection.
- Students will be taught the skills needed to work in any type of hostile environment. They will also gain skills in how to carry out a full handover to emergency services.
- The course of instruction is a combination of classroom theory and plenty of practical scenario training consisting of the following:
- Scene safety
- Minimising infection risks
- Mechanism of injury
- Basic airway management skills
- Breathing disorders
- Head/Spinal injuries
- Trauma Management skills and much more