Level 4 Medicine in Remote Areas (MIRA)
The Level 4 Medicine in Remote Areas (MIRA) is for those people working in remote areas throughout the world, whether you are a CP operative or just somebody wanted to better develop your skills with more in-depth medical knowledge. Our aim is to train you to a very high standard where you will learn how to deal with a medical issue within a remote environment.
Duration: 5 Days
- 06-10 April 2020
- 08-12 June 2020
- 17-21 August 2020
- 19-23 October 2020
Contact Us: +44 (0) 191 466 1176
On completion this course is valid for 3 years.
This qualification is aimed at for those working in hostile environments (e.g. close protection, private medical services and private security details operating in remote areas) in addition to those looking to further enhance their knowledge and skills within first aid.
- Students will be taught the skills needed to work in any type of remote environment.
- The course of instruction is a combination of classroom theory and plenty of practical scenario training consisting of the following:
- Trauma Primary & secondary assessments
- Advanced airway management skills
- Thoracic trauma skills
- Mass haemorrhage control
- Lethal Triad
- IV/IO skills and fluid therapy
- Advanced burn management
- Remote RTC management
- Incident management
- Environmental illnesses
- Extremity trauma
- Wound care management
- Suturing skills
- Remote Antibiotics
- Tropical medicine
- Dental emergencies
- Prolonged field care skills
- Abdominal/Pelvic trauma