Level 3 Hostile Environment Close Protection Operative
Live Firing Package available (Not in the UK)
Cost: Contact us for more details
Duration: 3 Days (HECPO) + 4 Days Live Firing
Dates: Contact us for more details
Contact Us: +44 (0) 191 466 1176
Note: The course fees does not include the cost of flights but does include airport transfer, food and accommodation.
The level 3 Hostile Environment (CPO) Awareness course introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for deployment and operating to what would be described as hostile countries e.g. Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan etc.
The course includes a various practical scenario exercises an extensive live firing range package which covers carriage and using a pistols and carbines safely. Through this course, the students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities and an introduction to assault rifles (various). This course will also help prepare the student for participation in other more advanced firearms training modules.
The course includes:
- Working as a Close Protection Operative in a hostile environment
- Threats and situational awareness
- Kidnap and abduction awareness
- Culture awareness
- Vehicle drills
- International travel and journey management
- Personal, residence and venue security
- Personal security including ballistics, PPE and exploding ordnance
- PPE, ballistic equipment and grab bag procurement
- Vehicle checkpoints and conflict resolution techniques
- Improvised explosive devices (IED) and suicide bombers
- Live firing pistol and carbine package (including live contact drills)
On successful completion of the live firing package, students will receive a certificate of attendance which will include competency on a variety of weapons systems.