Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
Book Your Place Now
£600 +VAT(payment options available)
Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) (DfT)
Vallum Farm, Newcastle, NE18 0LL
Defined by the ISPS (International Ship and Port-Facility Security) Code the PFSO or "Port Facility Security Officer" is responsible for the development, implementation, revise and maintenance of the Port Facility Security Plan. The Port Facility Security Plan not only sets out the necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access of people, weapons and drugs in to the country but also provides a safe and sterile environment for international shipping to operator within.
The Graspan Frankton's PFSO Course is a Department For Transport Approved training program that follows the framework of the ISPS Code. On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Execute the PFSO responsibilities in accordance with the ISPS Code and National Requirements
- Manage and revise port facility security plans
- Coordinate effective search plans and security operations
- Understand and be able to implement security levels
- Develop, maintain and review port facility access control
- Conduct port security assessments and threat analyses
This qualification must be undertaken over a minimum of 3 days.
Students will be assessed by an end of course exam.
Who should attend
The course is designed for any security officer with the responsibility of overall port security with the DfT guidelines.
Call us for more information on: +44 (0)191 466 1176