Emergency First Aid at Work 2023
The Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation.
Note: On completion this course is valid for 3 years
Cost: £85 +VAT
Duration: 1 Day
Can be delivered at your location
- 2023 dates coming soon
Contact us for more details
T: +44 (0) 191 466 1176
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming emergency first aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first aid needs assessment.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves workplace first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
The course covers the following Units:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries