Level 3 Award in First Person on Scene
The Level 3 Award in First Person on Scene Support is designed to develop learners’ knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with a range of emergencies requiring medical assistance.
Cost: £395 +VAT
Duration: 4 Days
Dates: Contact us for more details
T: +44 (0) 191 466 1176
Note: On completion this course is valid for 3 years.
The Level 3 Award in First Person on Scene Support (RQF) is designed to develop learners' knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with a range of emergencies requiring medical assistance. These include:
- Roles and responsibilities,
- Consent, pre-hospital treatment
- Patient assessment
- Adult/ paediatric basic life support
- Management of traumatic and thermal injuries (external bleeding, catastrophic haemorrhage, musculoskeletal injuries, head injuries, traumatic eye injuries, spinal injuries, burns and frostbite)
- The management of a number of other medical emergencies (heart attack, angina, stroke, asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, epilepsy, poisoning and sepsis).
This qualification is aimed at for those working in frontline services (e.g. close protection, security, event and private medical services and private security details operating in remote areas) in addition to those looking to further enhance their knowledge and skills within first aid.
Through taking this qualification, learners will develop the subject matter competence to assess, stabilise and care for a patient for up to 30 minutes, and/ or until a time at which the patient can be treated by a pre-hospital care provider, so as to prevent deterioration and preserve life.
The qualification meets grade descriptor C of the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine framework.
Please Note: The term 'FPOS' must not be used with this qualification as FPOS is a registered Tradename of Pearson. This restriction includes but not limited to training, assessment and marketing materials."
This qualification meets the SIA criteria for First Aid.